Are you thinking of seeing a periodontist so you can get your gum problems taken care of once and for all? When your gums are not in as good a shape as they are supposed to be, then the overall health of your mouth is also not optimal. While a general dentist is able to address gum issues, if the issues are too extreme then the dental patient will be referred to a periodontist for gum treatment. Periodontists have completed an additional three years of training, which allows them to be called a gum specialist.
6 reasons to visit a periodontist
The following is a list of six reasons why it may be necessary to make a dental appointment with a dentist who specializes in periodontics.
- They are able to diagnose and treat a number of different periodontal diseases
- They can help dental patients whose teeth are extremely sensitive to both cold and hot temperatures
- They are trained in the placement of dental implants, as well as the treatment of any problems that can get in the way of a patient getting the dental implants they need
- They can perform plastic surgery procedures that allow dental patients to have an improved smile
- They have been specially trained in how to effectively treat any oral condition a dental patient is experiencing
- They are trained in treating dental patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and chronic respiratory diseases
Ready to make an appointment?
The sooner you seek professional dental assistance for your gum problems, the sooner your oral health can be in good shape again. If you wait too long, there is a possibility that you will lose one or more teeth. Talk to one of our dental professionals today.
Looking for a periodontist near the 79761 area? Call Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry at (432) 538-3318.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
If you have been diagnosed with gum disease, you would need to undergo treatment from a periodontist. The condition is prevalent and can wreak havoc on the oral cavity. Fortunately, gum infections …
Gum recession is often the result of a severe infection in the soft tissues of the oral cavity, but fortunately, a periodontist can treat the condition in a couple of different ways. …
Getting dental implants from a periodontist is one of the most common ways to undergo tooth replacement. While dentists and oral surgeons are great resources to utilize for the procedure, periodontists have …
A periodontist offers different forms of treatment for periodontal disease, also called gum disease. The condition, which affects millions of adults in the United States, is the leading cause of tooth loss. …