Are you thinking of seeing a periodontist so you can get your gum problems taken care of once and for all? When your gums are not in as good a shape as they are supposed to be, then the overall health of your mouth is also not optimal. While a general dentist is able to address gum issues, if the issues are too extreme then the dental patient will be referred to a periodontist for gum treatment. Periodontists have completed an additional three years of training, which allows them to be called a gum specialist.
6 reasons to visit a periodontist
The following is a list of six reasons why it may be necessary to make a dental appointment with a dentist who specializes in periodontics.
- They are able to diagnose and treat a number of different periodontal diseases
- They can help dental patients whose teeth are extremely sensitive to both cold and hot temperatures
- They are trained in the placement of dental implants, as well as the treatment of any problems that can get in the way of a patient getting the dental implants they need
- They can perform plastic surgery procedures that allow dental patients to have an improved smile
- They have been specially trained in how to effectively treat any oral condition a dental patient is experiencing
- They are trained in treating dental patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cardiovascular disease and chronic respiratory diseases
Ready to make an appointment?
The sooner you seek professional dental assistance for your gum problems, the sooner your oral health can be in good shape again. If you wait too long, there is a possibility that you will lose one or more teeth. Talk to one of our dental professionals today.
Looking for a periodontist near the 79761 area? Call Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry at (432) 538-3318.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
A periodontist is a dentist who has chosen to focus on helping dental patients by treating any soft tissue problems; oral inflammation treatment is one of the more common types that they provide. Because periodontists …
The process of tooth extraction involves removing a tooth from the mouth by either surgically removing it from the gums or pulling it out using forceps. People may need a tooth pulled if it is …
Gum grafting can be performed for restorative or cosmetic purposes. A gum graft might be performed to improve the way a person's smile looks or to protect their teeth from the effects of receding gums.Your …
Tooth extraction can be frightening, but it is often necessary in order to keep a healthy mouth. There are a few important things to note about what comes after a tooth extraction, whether it be …